Dear Grant,
You're four weeks old today! I can't get over how fast this is going by ... I'm trying to savor each and every moment with you as I know your first year will fly by and before I know it you'll be a toddler. I am loving my days with you; my favorite part of the day is when I burp you after feeding you ... your little head and arms over my shoulder is just heaven to me. In these moments you are so content, happy, and snuggly and it's the best part of my day! Since you're eating every 2.5-3 hours around the clock, I get to enjoy it often! In the first two weeks I loved these moments so much I didn't even mind getting up in the middle of the night to feed you. My other favorite moments are when you're awake and you stare into our eyes with such wonderment - we always say we'd love to know what you're thinking!
At one month old you're such a big boy! At around 2 weeks old you started to outgrow all the newborn clothes already. At your 2-week doctor's appointment you weighed 8 lbs. 7 oz., the doctor said you had gained 1.5 times what the average baby gains in two weeks!
It's also been so cute to watch Griffin and Grace fall in love with you. They both are so proud of you! They tell everyone they have a new baby brother and each day they see us (you and I sleep in a little later than they do!) they run up and eagerly ask if you're awake. They both love to hold you and do so lovingly whenever I let them. The other night in our gratitude journal Griffin said he was thankful for you - we all are!
2 weeks old in a towel from Aunt Cookie
Here are your 1 month pictures ...



No comments:
Post a Comment